Although offering a complete array of traditional hospital services, Gilbert Hospital is pioneering in its focus on emergency medicine and the rapid, accurate and compassionate care the entire Gilbert Hospital staff provides.
Gilbert Hospital is the only hospital in the Valley that guarantees “Door to Doc in 31 Minutes.” In 2013, the emergency department treated more than 20,000 patients. 97% were seen by a Board-certified physician in less than 31 minutes and the average wait time was 6 minutes.
The Hospital offers a full spectrum of hospital services including a robust Emergency Department, Inpatient Care, Intensive Care Unit, complete Diagnostic Imaging, Laboratory and Blood Bank, Pharmacy and Surgical Department.
Each of these areas operates as centers of excellence that serve as focal points for specialized treatment. Each of these centers maintains state-of-the-art equipment and a professional staff that has attained an unmatched level of expertise. The Hospital also offers a level of personal care, customer service, and core treatments that are unsurpassed among the Valley’s health care providers. Our careful balance of technology, planned growth, expertise and sensitive care has led us to position ourselves as a healthcare leader in the community.
Gilbert Hospital offers a level of personal care, customer service, and core treatments that are unsurpassed among the Valley’s health care providers. Our careful balance of technology, planned growth, expertise and sensitive care has led us to position ourselves as a healthcare leader in the community.
Facts about Gilbert Hospital:
- Since opening in 2006, seen and treated more than 295,000 emergency patients
- More than 210 Board certified physicians and extenders on staff
- Numerous Spanish-speaking support staff
- Licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services as a General Acute Care Hospital
- 21 private emergency treatment rooms, including four pediatric rooms
- 16 private in-patient rooms, and 3 ICU rooms
- 680 patients were treated as in-patient in 2013; average stay was 3 days
- Air Methods air ambulance and crew are stationed on-site
- Diagnostic imaging services include: MRI, CT – ACR Accredited, standard and digital X-ray, Nuclear Medicine, and ultrasounds
- Complete laboratory with blood bank
- Dialysis — in-patient/emergent
- On-site in-patient pharmacy and Omni-cell service
- Full surgical suite and PACU
- Performed 504 surgeries in 2013
- Partly physician owned