It is not easy to keep fit especially if you are a person who has a lot on your plate. Your schedule, daily agendas, personal life, and responsibilities are kind of hard to set aside. This usually ends in a day spent without any exercise and workout. But did you know that you can keep fit and healthy while staying at home? You only need a few tools like some furniture, mobile apps, and a fitness tracker to help you achieve your goals. Get your fitness watch here and start your training right away!
It is not easy to keep fit especially if you are a person who has a lot on your plate. Your schedule, daily agendas, personal life, and office responsibilities are kind of hard to set aside. This usually ends in a day spent without any physical activities and workouts. But did you know that you can keep fit and healthy while staying at home? You only need a few tools like some furniture, mobile apps, and a fitness tracker to help you achieve your goals. Get your fitness watch here and start training right away!
Importance of Being Fit
Being able to keep fit is a huge advantage to any individual. Aside from the fact that it indicates a healthy and good physique, it also contributes to being able to perform several physical activities without feeling drained. Sometimes, it’s not all about gaining muscles, the main goal of fitness programs is to help a person achieve optimal results where they can maximize the benefits of their training.
Here are some of the reasons why being fit is important:
- Reduces the risk of chronic diseases.
- Keeps your cardiovascular and respiratory system healthy.
- Regulates a healthy weight.
- Maintains appropriate blood pressure.
- Improves your quality of sleep.
- Helps you stay positive by keeping you away from anxiety and depression.
- Fights off cancer-causing exhaustion.
- Strengthens joints, limbs, muscles, and your whole body.
- Gives a pleasing appearance.
- Helps you stay healthy in general.
- Elongates life span.
So if you are looking for a sign if you actually need a workout to be fit, now is the time to get up from the sofa and follow online fitness programs. Apart from this, you also need to add good food and proper life choices to keep your health and fit body in balance.
Keep Fit At Home
You’re probably wondering about how to keep yourself fit and healthy without leaving your home. You can stay fit with great workout routines and by doing different ways to stay fit and healthy. Some of these can help build your muscles, strengthen your joints, improve your agility, and many more.
Some people do not consider stretching necessary. But this is an essential part of the routine that keeps you away from the risks of injuries. This should be performed before and after the training and must be done in a correct manner. Make sure that your whole body is stretched and prepared for what’s coming:
- Standing hamstring stretch. This stretches your back, neck, glutes, calves, and hamstrings.
- Spinal Twist.
- Butterfly stretch. Targets your hips, glutes, thighs, and back.
- Side bend stretch. Stretches your hips, groin, thigh, and obliques.
- Lunging stretch. Focuses on glutes, quads, and thighs.
- Neck release.
- Pectoral stretch. For your chest and shoulders.
Fancy gym equipment and tools can play a vital role in exercising. However, there are plenty of activities that you can perform without even leaving your home. This gives you more time to do other activities and stay hands-on with house tasks. Check the page of RowingMachineforSale for offers.
Listed below are some of the few things that you can add to your home training and fitness program:
- V-ups. This targets your core, obliques, abdominal and back muscles. To perform v-ups, lie on the floor, extend your arms aligned to your body, and keep your legs straight. Lift your legs up as you extend your arms towards your feet, return to the starting position, and repeat.
- Planking. Planking has become a sensational abdominal routine that strengthens the core. Doing this regularly will improve your posture and increase your strength. To start, hold yourself up by placing your palms flat on the floor and your toes supporting your lower body part. Keep this position for a minute or two, rest, and repeat.
- Push-ups. Push-up is one of the most popular muscle-strengthening activities that deal with abdominals, core, biceps, and triceps. With proper form, your lower back and shoulders can also benefit from this activity. Start in a planking position, keep your body straight, and extend your arms. Now bend your elbows until your chest is close to the floor. Extend your arms up again to go back to the starting position.
- Knee to chest. Knee to chest exercise focuses on your hip, legs, and lower back. Lie on the floor and alternately pull one knee to your chest, make sure that the other leg is stretched as you pull the other one. this will make you fit and toned altogether.
- Bicycle crunches. Keep fit by doing regular bicycle crunches. This is an effective ab-workout that targets your core and obliques. To perform, lie on your back, support the lower back of your head with your hands, keep your chest up, and alternately bend one leg after the other. More like cycling on your back without the bike.
- Squats. Squats can strengthen your core and build-up muscles on your lower body parts. This is essential to keep fit as it tones your hips and butt. Stand firm on your feet, keep your back straight, and bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the ground. To add intensity, you may opt to carry a heavy gallon of water while squatting.
- Burpees. In order to keep fit, it is important that you add exercises that include your whole body to the routine. Burpees is a kind of exercise that focuses on strengthening the muscles and endurance of both the upper and lower body. Stand with your back straight, bend your knees as you extend your arms to reach the ground, and let your whole body be parallel to the floor. Push yourself up and stand to jump before repeating the process.
- Handstands. To build up the strength of your core, add handstands to your training. This is a great workout that targets shoulder muscles, hip flexors, hamstrings, inner thigh, and spinal muscles. For beginners, you may opt to do this right beside a wall for safety purposes.
- Tricep dips. You can perform tricep dips with the help of a sofa or a single chair. Tricep dips can help you keep fit by strengthening your arms and building a toned up upper arm muscles. To do this, place yourself in a squatting position in front of a chair, lean your upper body backward, bend your elbows backward and hold on firmly to the edge of the chair, let your arms support your body as you go up and down.
If you are aiming to build more muscles and add intensity to your home fitness program, you may opt to utilize some of the things that you can find in your home. Below are some of the most common things that you can find at home which can be used in exercising:
- A gallon of water or milk
- Storage boxes
- Kitchen counter
- Pile of books
Keep Fit Outdoors
If you are more of an outdoor type of person, you can also choose from a variety of activities that you can do outside your home. Most of them are cardio exercises that strengthen the heart and lungs respectively. Doing outdoor activities is a fun way to keep fit because you can enjoy doing it with your friends.
Add these to your regimen and achieve your fitness goals immediately:
- Walking, running, or jogging. Remember to stretch your legs, hips, and back before doing this to avoid injuries.
- Swimming. One of the most enjoyable activities to do is swimming. It strengthens your muscles, keeps you fit, and busy at the same time.
- Stair exercise. If you happen to pass by an establishment with stairs, you may opt to utilize this structure, just simply run up and down the stairs in proper form. This will improve your balance, endurance, and agility.
- Playing sports. Have you noticed how fit and strong athletes are? That is because they are training almost every single day by playing their chosen sports. You can also keep fit by encouraging your friends to play at least twice a week.
Staying fit is achievable as long as you stick to your workout routine. Make sure to eat great food and include an active lifestyle, fat-burning exercises, and muscle-strengthening activities in your training. Consult a personal trainer for tips and to come up with different ways to exercise without compromising your health.